In the News
SF Tomorrow Endorses Sheriff Mirkarimi
Inmates joining One Billion Rising movement
Huff Post Interviews Sheriff about Obamacare for Inmates
SF jail considered a role model
Sheriff finalizes trans program, housing policy
Sheriff speaks to inmate
Behind the Scenes 2012
Sheriff on Medical Cannabis
Sheriff on Sanctuary Law
Western Addition Endorse Sheriff
● State Prison Chief, Jeffrey Beard, inspects San Francisco's jails: "Inside View of Model Jail County Jail is an Example for State," San Francisoc Examiner, October 3, 2014.
● Harvard's Kennedy School in 2015 honors San Francisco Sheriff Department’s Five Keys Charter High School for Innovation for inmate rehabilitation -- the only law enforcement agency selected nationally.
Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi … tackling real problems. Jails becoming psychiatric hospitals
● Standing up to Evictions causing homelessness
● Enforcing greater transparency and accountability in law enforcement
● Job training and Job placement for the formerly incarcerated
● Increased Treatment for substance abuse and mental health issues
● Saving taxpayer funds by helping SFPD with Station Transfer Units and San Francisco General Hospital runs
Retain tradition: reelect the progressive, independent sheriff not beholden to cronyism, the political machine at city hall, or law enforcement special interests.